NYCN VP, Sele Sean Pwajok Speaks on Legitimacy of Congress Held in Gombe
AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT AFFIRMING THE LEGITIMACY OF AMB. DICKSON AKOH-LED CONGRESS HELD BETWEEN 19TH – 25TH JULY, 2018 IN GOMBE STATE BY COMRADE SELE SEAN PWAJOK, (MIASS).
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.
I, under the legitimacy of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, (NYCN), wish to express with utter shock, the display of illegality and disrespect to the binding constitution governing the entire conducts of all members of our organization.
2) Let it be known that the Amb. Dickson Akoh – led congress recently held between July 19th – 25th, 2018, remains the ONLY recognized exercise which upholds all lawful procedures involved that saw the emergence of the Executive Council currently run under the National Presidency of Comrade Bello Shagari and other duly elected officials mandated to run council affairs for the stipulated period.
3) Pursuant to a rumour peddled about a parallel congress held somewhere in Rivers State, we collectively wish to clear the air regarding persons who intend to mislead the public and undermine our efforts of making due consultations for immediate take-off.
4) We wish to state it very clear that an official Complaint / Notice has been drafted for immediate despatch to the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, The Nigeria Police Headquarters, The Department of State Services (DSS) and all other relevant authorities saddled with the responsibility of ensuring law and order in the federation to see to it that no group of persons prevail with actions that risk the tendency of wreaking havoc to the law abiding members of our organization, in spite of the Honorable Minister of Youth and Sports, Hon. Solomon Dalung’s full presence at the event for 2 days in his clear attempt to provide the needed federal legitimacy to the exercise.
5) We implore all our members to be calm and law abiding at the wake of such a rumour as efforts are in place to forestall any attempt by any group who intend to hatch such a conduct of lawlessness or identified with same.
Finally, We are aware of all the desperate measures put in place to frustrate the Gombe State Congress by some former leaders and members of the NYCN who were hell-bent on remaining in office even after the expiration of their tenure for curious reasons which thankfully, was expressly nullified by the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, the Parent Ministry of our organization, under whose authority and legal backing, the Amb. Dickson Akoh-led congress held sway with participants drawn from 104 Voluntary Youth Organizations (VYOs), State Representatives, BOT members, The Electoral Committee and all relevant stakeholders who conducted the process with the full participation and support of the Ministry and Gombe State Government who hosted the event.
We are in talks with relevant security agencies and the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports to preempt any clandestine motive targeted at undermining the eligibility of the trust invested in us.
Thank you most kindly.
Yours in service,
Comrade Sele Sean Pwajok, (MIASS),
- (DIRECTORATE OF INFORMATION AND PUBLICITY)
count | 184