Three persons were killed late Saturday in zangwra village of Miango district of Bassa LGA. Two others were said to have sustained life threatening injuries as they fell prey to a clandestine attack by herdsmen.
Two of the victims met their death while walking on foot, while the other three were attacked when returning on a motor bike.
The names of the dead were given as: Monday Nzwe – 38 years, Saku Gyeri (41 years) and John Esije (32 years old). The injured were Sunday Bala Age (builder – 33 years) and Gudu Gara (25 years).
At the time of filing this report, the district head of Miango, Daniel Chega had visited the area and offered Royal counsel.
While speaking, the traditional ruler said the attack happened despite series of meetings with security agencies and Fulani leaders, with far reaching decisions to stop the killings.
A youth leader, Zongo Lawrence, called for the arrest of miyetti Allah leaders, saying an agreement had been reached that anytime anyone was killed in the area, leaders should be held responsible.
The two survivors are currently receiving treatment in hospital in Jos city.
Attempt to speak to the police PRO failed, while the spokesman of Operation Safe Haven Col. Lawal Adam confirmed the incident, saying operatives of the army have been drafted to curtail further killings.
count | 269